Just Waiting for the Bell by David Wehmeyer

The Good. This book of short stories is an absolute true gem. I couldn't have read this book at a better time.

The Mmeh Okay. It was so darn short! ...And I can’t believe I had it in my library for so long… unread!

The Best Part. Aside from reading this book at the perfect time, all of the stories were engaging. My favorites were “MEE-Daw”, “That” Parent, Enter at Your Own Risk, and I know it sounds terrible, but Cockroach Kids I cried laughing, along with the Substitute Adventures and Fundraising Foolishness. This is one of those books where it’s not a good idea to be eating while reading.

To sum up the moral of some incredibly delightful stories I must quote:: “No student cares about how much you know, until they know how much you care”. Wehmeyer’s collection of stories is a fine example of how much he cares. Highly recommended. One of my favorite books read this year!

Comments

Popular Posts